Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Tapa Cloth

Tapa Cloth 1446581917669.1.jpg


My class and I went to Te Tuhi Art Gallery. We got to have a look around the place but best of all we got to make tapa cloth. The aim was trying to reflect on our culture and things that are special to us and also tell others a little bit about ourselves.


My first one was about what was important to me and that is education as I want to be successful academically.


The next one which is the number 7, it means that there are seven people that are really special to me like friends and family.  Instead of drawing all of them I decided to put it in number form.


Thirdly the four stars reflects my culture which is New Zealand that’s why I drew  the 4 southern stars, like you may have seen on our flag.


Lastly the ball that looks like a tennis ball. It wasn't actually meant to be a tennis ball. It was honestly meant to be a football. Football is the sport I love doing and will always do.


Those are the 4 things that reflect on my culture and things that are special to me. I hope that told you a little bit about myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment